NCPGA Referendum Peanut Notes No. 3 2019
January 7, 2019
Dear Peanut Extension Agent,
I hope the new year brings good things to you and your staff. You should have received an email from Dr. Bonanno authorizing county extension offices to be the polling place for the 2019 Peanut Referendum. I want to thank you in advance for helping your peanut farmers.
The referendum will be held on February 1, 2019, during your regular office hours. I will send you a packet which will contain an information sheet, a Sign-up sheet for voters to sign certifying that they produced peanuts in 2018 or own a farm that peanuts were produced on in 2018, a Tally sheet, Ballots, a box to place ballots in until they are counted, and an envelope to mail all materials back to me.
The suggested procedure is as follows:
- Sign-up sheet is at the front/reception desk.
- Voter certifies eligibility on sheet and is given a ballot.
- Voter marks ballot and inserts it into ballot box.
- At the end of the day, you and another employee open the ballot box and count ballots.
- Enter results on Tally sheet and sign.
- Email results to me at: email@example.com
- Place all materials (except box) in self addressed, stamped envelope provided and mail to me:
NC Peanut Growers Association, P.O. Box 8, Nashville N.C. 27856
I will bring the packets to Peanut Agent Training in Wilson on January 23, 2019. I will mail to those not present.