Fungicide Question on Timing Peanut Notes No. 126 2021

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

Question:

We have a grower who was/is unable to spray his runners (TUF 297 & 511) before the 7/10 window. He was able to treat his Virginia acreage at the optimal timing and was wondering what he’d lose by skipping the Bravo spray and trying to get all acres on the same 14-day schedule? He’s coming back with Provost at the end of next week (on what he already treated) and instead of trying to go into the untreated Peanuts at the beginning of the week we were curious if he should A) treat with Bravo then wait 14 days, B) skip the Bravo and run with Provost Silver as soon as possible, or C) add Bravo to his Provost application and shift the application timing (so that he’s treating the runners Tues-Wed and following with application #2 on the Virginia’s Thur-Fri)?

Jordan answer:

Try to get them sprayed ASAP. It is okay to shift from Bravo to leaf spot/stem rot sprays but leaf spot is very active now. I would not wait a week to spray if I could get in the field.